A weekly-ish urban sketching meet-up in Drogheda.
Bring pens, pencils and a sketchbook and sketch whatever ‘draws’ your interest.
It is very relaxed and unstructured.
No booking is required. Just turn up. Don’t worry about turning up late.
Chances are if you spot someone with a sketchbook they are with the group so say hi.
Then meet for a coffee and chat at 4pm in in a local coffee spot to share our terrible drawings (only if you want to).
The goal is to have fun. Hope to see you there.
Subscribe below to get notified when and where the next event is happening.
Future Saturday meetups (subscribe or check back here to confirm before each date)
7th May – The Cottage Market – Coffee location Odd Mollies Garden 14th May – Laurence Gate and shopping centre – M&S for coffee
- 21st May – Drogheda Quays Northside – Meet at Courtyard Coffee and back there for coffee
- 28th May – The Ramparts – Bring a picnic for coffee
- 4th June – The Cottage Market – Coffee location Odd Mollies Garden
- 11th June – Millmount – No coffee stop
- 18th June – West Street – Esquires for coffee
- 25th June – Drogheda Market / Boyne Shopping Centre
- 2nd July – 4th June – The Cottage Market – Coffee location Odd Mollies Garden
- 9th July – Mell, Trinity Street Car Park – The Coffee Box
- TBC Drogheda Train Station –
- TBC Bus Depot –
- TBC Oldbridge House – Picnic
- TBC Mellifont Abbey – Picnic
- Where would you like to sketch? Tell me @AlanORourke (Twitter or Instagram)
Code of conduct
This event is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone (regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion). We do not tolerate harassment of attendees, or staff members in any form.
Be nice. Do not put down or speak down to fellow attendees or staff members. If you disagree with a point someone makes, do so in a professional and reasonable manner (harassment will not be tolerated). We want to make sure you have a good time but sexist, racist or exclusionary jokes of any nature are not appropriate for this event (and will be met with serious action, not amusement).
Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the organisers. Thank you for making this a friendly and enjoyable event for everyone.